In his Charge at synod, our diocesan Bishop Charlie Masters focused on the five ministry priorities that he wants to see mark ANiC Churches. He also named those who will be championing each priority area and helping us make these a transformational reality in our congregations.
The priority champions are:
1. Bold witnesses – Every member of every ANiC church will personally have responded to Christ, as well as know how to share the gospel and invite others to come to Christ.
⇒The Rev Ray David Glenn – rector, St George’s, Burlington, ON
2. Biblically grounded – Every church of ANiC will be known for its strengths in the Bible and expository preaching. Parishioners are able to handle accurately the Word of Truth.
⇒ Canon George Sinclair – rector, Messiah, Ottawa, ON (and Principal of Ryle Theological College – formerly Ottawa Theological College)
3. Loving children – Every church in ANiC will have a vital ministry to children and youth, leading them to Christ and helping them grow as disciples of Jesus.
⇒ Jeremy & Kimberley Graham – Children & Family Ministries, St John’s Vancouver (Vancouver, BC)
4. On mission – We each are intentionally and actively engaging in our communities, nations and world, focused on showing and sharing the love of God and fulfilling the Great Commission.
⇒ Claus Lenk – Layman, Christ The King, Toronto, ON (and Executive Director, Anglican Relief & Development Fund Canada)
5. Planting & growing churches – Every congregation is focused on planting another congregation out of their church family. We are working to plant a church in every major community across Canada.
⇒ The Rev Alastair Sterne – rector, St Peter’s Fireside, Vancouver, BC
You can hear Bishop Charlie’s 55 minute Charge by selecting the link on the synod audio page. Also from this page, you can listen to the 5 priority leaders each talk briefly about the ministry area they will be championing. Three of the priority leaders also used PowerPoint presentations with their talk, which can be accessed from the synod presentations and speeches page – where Bishop Charlie’s Charge is also available as a pdf.
These photos of the priority leaders presenting at synod are courtesy of Marty Fraser+.